this is a blog post about a very special man. this man’s name is Austin Mansour, and the above is his mantra.
Austin is a simple man. he has a license in badass-ness and is my neighbor on the greatest hall on earth: 1st East Dana, on the biggest campus on earth: Berry College.
why am i writing about Austin? well, it’s simple really. he asked me to.
when Mr. Mansour approached me, we’ll just say I wasn’t in the best state of mind for clear thought. as a result, i agreed whole-heartedly to write about him.
now i’m paying for this agreement in a much clearer state of mind. but i don’t hold that against him.
let’s talk about Mr. Mansour.
here are some things i enjoy about this man:
- he’s such an uber nice guy
- again, he has a license in badass-ness
- he’s my neighbor.
- his beds are bunked so that he and his roommate have extra room for activities.
- he likes soccer.
- he recently bought my unused but slightly worn copy of Naked Economics for more than what I was asking for.
so that’s enough about why I like him. let’s get to know the REAL Austin.
here are some facts:
- austin is not austin, texas. he is austin mansour.
- his music tastes include: “bushhawg” and “a fight for life”
- his favorite book, according to his facebook, is the popular study-tool website Sparknotes.com
- he apparently enjoys the television shows Monk, everything on ESPN, The Secret Life of an American Teenager, and Psych.
- he looks like this:
if you see this man, he might tell you to ‘fuck with’ him. it’s best you do what he says.
this concludes my human interest piece on Austin ‘FUCK WITH ME’ Mansour.
For the longest time my overall goal as been as an art director. But that’s a long way away. My goals after immediately graduating are either to work as a graphic designer or a copywriter. I’d love to have a column in a menswear magazine too eventually.
I am excellent at keeping secrets but especially at listening.
1. Never Let Me Go
2. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
3. Breakfast at Tiffany’s
4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt. 2
I sat in classes for hours, accomplishing nothing.
life is happening.
…how tumblr has turned into a place obsessed with things.
- TV Shows: Doctor Who, Sherlock Holmes for example.
- Movies: Sherlock Holmes (again? seriously?), Harry Potter, and the Hunger Games for example.
- Musicians: Tegan & Sara for example.
- Video Games: Skyrim, Pokemon for example.
All of these things are not inherently bad. I have nothing against any of these things.
But, if all you do is post lackluster gifs or over contrasted, weirdly warm screen caps of shit, I will unfollow you. You can keep doing that (it is, after all, your prerogative), but just know that it won’t be with my continued attention.
For god sakes, people. Create. Write, draw, photograph, make videos, just do SOMETHING original and post it.
When I joined tumblr in early 2008, it was small but very vibrant. There wasn’t all the ‘fuckyeahTHISTHING’ blogs to reblog inane shit from. It was just a huge amount of people creating stuff and posting about it.
I am not saying I do not reblog on occasion. I reblog fairly often, but I usually do so rarely and it is normally accompanied by some sort of writing or thought. Or, if I reblog it, I want to save an idea within that particular post that I want to come back to.
Again, do what you want bloggers. I do not see any harm in reblogging and posting to your own blog what YOU want. That’s the whole point. I’m just done following it.
Leaves crinkle under boot
Passages to a time long past
Their messages long mute
Fleeting as when they fell fast
Remnants of a change in season
Their former haunts very barren
Bound to the depth for a reason
Decaying to join in a slow fashion
Memories growing from the last lives
In an up right manner towards the sky
Mistakes made the way of contrived
Each branch made out of a white lie